Sunday 5 October 2014

Brotherhood of Steel

Off to a great start! I ran out of sanding pads for my palm sander and sanding pads for my rotary tool. So for now, this will have to do until around Thursday or so as I'm out of money (and since I still haven't started work yet money flow is a bit of a problem!).

So with that in mind, I used the last of one tin of fibreglass resin to solidify what will be the light mounted above the eye. The entire unit will be made into a solid chunk and then I'll dremel out what space I need for the lights etc.

And my precious fibreglass gloves, now almost solid as a rock!

So since that dried I decided to work on shaping it out a bit more, filler applied and back to waiting. Shouldn't require much in the way of shaping details


Later that day...
I shaped the headlight pieces and drilled out a couple of holes through it to hopefully guide screws down to hold the LEDs in place.

I also filled out the uneven parts on the main helmet section.

Buuuut there's no point in uploading a picture of the completed step for now as I still have lots more filling and sanding to do on the front of the mask and the vent attachment parts :D That will probably do it for today, I am going to spend the rest of the evening looking at the wiring and playing games.

No comments:

Post a Comment