Monday 6 October 2014

Brotherhood update 06/10, cutting in half

Okey dokey. So I didn't get much done today because my brother called me and told me my nephew wanted to spend the day with me (which was pretty sweet). However, what I did get done was probably the most nerve-racking thing I'll ever do with the project. The helmet is designed to fit a much more normal head, not my enormous thing, however the neck hole isn't big enough to accommodate even a normal sized head. As a result, I'm putting a hinge system on it with some locks or magnets to ensure it stays closed once it's one.
So to that end, I drew some general lines for where the cut would be...

Then I cut. And cut. And cut. And it was cut!

At least now I can hold it up and see how it would look if a guy in a flanno got his hands on a Brotherhood of Steel helmet.

And just to finish it off, I then cut the lense slots out. Obviously needing some major fine tuning once I get some new rotary tool sanding discs

And that's about it for today. I did some very minor work on the headlight, but nothing worth sharing for the minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment